Such a short time has passed since Vittorio Fusari, a chef who symbolized the Slow Food philosophy, left us unexpectedly.
We honor his memory in the kitchens of Volto in Iseo, at Dispensa in Torbiato, and at Pont de Ferr in Milan, and in Slow Food events. For this edition of Terra Madre Salone del Gusto we’ve invited Italian chefs who’d formed a friendship with Vittorio based on a shared vision of cuisine. In a dinner with multiple chefs we’ll retrace Vittorio’s steps: from his innovative experiences as a gourmand chef in Michelin-starred restaurants to the country traditions with which he maintained such a close connection to local products, and to pork butchery in particular. We’re joined by Peppino Tinari of Villa Maiella (Chieti); Greta Gemmi of Al Resù (Brescia); Fausto and Laura Peci of Albergo Rosa (Brescia); Augusto Pasini of Hill Colle (Brescia); Nicolò Fadda and Riccardo Fest of Pont de Fer (Milan).
- Snacks and finger food: polenta and traditional dried sardines of Lake Iseo (Slow Food Presidium), chestnut cream, anchovies and laurel oil, tench terrine and brioche
- Potato and Calvisius caviar puff pastry
- Homage to Vico: Einkorn soup with squid ink, prawn tartare and buffalo mozzarella
- Lobster ravioli, taglioline cooked with oil and a fine herb sauce
- Eel between the garden and the vineyard: smoked lake eel with tubers and bitter herbs
- Thinly-pounded and breadcrumbed lamb with pecorino fonduta
- The yolk: story of a disaster resolved with a smile
The meal will be paired with Franciacorta Brut Corte Fusia, Franciacorta Extra Brut Monte Alto, Franciacorta Barone Pizzini Naturae Edizione 2016 and Franciacorta Saten Vintage Collection 2014 Ca’ del Bosco, selected by Consorzio del Franciacorta.
Tickets may be bought online until 12 p.m. on October 7.
Eataly Torino Lingotto – Via Nizza 230 – Turin.
Event languages: IT, EN
Via Nizza 230 - Torino (Italy)