In the framework of the International Land Coalitions’ Commitment Based Initiative on Family Farming, Slow Food and World Rural Forum join forces to discuss and reflect on the value of the UN Decade of Family Farming to stimulate contextualized, comprehensive and long-term commitments in favour of family farmers.
Through a conversation among different actors the actual challenges faced by family farmers, especially in relation to their secure access to land and market opportunities will be identified.
- Laura Lorenzo, World Rural Forum Director
- Hakim Balinaire, ESSAF President, Uganda, farmer
- Nikolce Nikolovski, President of Slow Food Macedonia and farmer
- Ward Anseeuw, Senior Technical Specialist, International Land Coalition
- Valeria Barchiesi, UN Mountain Partnership and the Coalition for Fragile Ecosystems (coFE)
- Guilherme Brady, Head of Family Farming, Engagement and Parliamentarian Alliances Unit, FAO
- Daniel Campos, Paraguay, Technical Secretary and Assessor of the National Committee of Family Farming from Paraguay
Moderator: Federico Mattei, Project Development and International Relations, Slow Food
With the support of World Rural Forum.
Event languages: EN, ES