We speak of the honey equation gone mad because the world of beekeeping is dealing with pollution, pesticides and the climate crisis. Production is lower and lower, while the availability of honey on the market is growing and prices are falling.
A commission of expert economists would be needed, except that the variable cause of this impossible equation is as easy to indicate as it is difficult to recognize. How do we protect ourselves from attempts to counterfeit honey? What tools does technology make available and what steps can we take to recognize real honey?
In this forum discuss this with producers, sensory analysis experts and research professionals.
- Laura Capini, Honey Ambassadors Italy
- Gianluigi Marcazzan, CREA-AA, President of Albo nazionale esperti analisi sensoriale del miele (Register of honey sensory analysis experts)
- Diego Pagani, President of Conapi and organic beekeeper
- Elisa Prosperi, quality manager of Conapi
- Giancarlo Quaglia, director of the laboratory Floramo Corporation srl group Life Analytics
Moderator: Daniele Biazzi, Slow Food bees and honey trainer
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Financed by the European Union
The contents of this event are the sole responsibility of the author and the EASME is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein
Event languages: IT